The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Church Service Giving Options
We have a number of giving options available at our church services, we accept cheques and cash offerings as well as an onsite debit terminal available during sunday services.
Online Giving Options
Using recent security improvements with interac’s e-Transfer system allowing direct deposit to the church account has allowed us to offer interac e-Transfers publicly for giving. The steps are as follows:
- Log into your online bank account.
- Select Interac e-Transfer from your transfer options.
- Setup a profile for Rosedale Community Church of God
- Set the security question to, “In what community does our church meet?” and the answer to, “Rosedale” (This should no longer be relevant and after you add us as a recipient you should be informed that we support auto-deposit and there will be no security question/answers required)
- Choose your amount and set the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hit send
- You should receive a confirmation email that the funds have been deposited.
Online Bill Payment with Credit Unions
Rosedale Community Church of God is also registered with BC Credit Unions as an online bill payee. You should be able to find us in the ‘Pay Online Bills’ section of your online banking with your local credit union, we are listed as ‘Rosedale Community Church of God’.
The typical process to setup an online bill payee will follow the below steps:
- Login to your online banking with your local credit union branch.
- Go to your ‘Payments’ section of your online banking
- Find and click ‘Add Payee’
- There should be an option to ‘Search by Payee Name’, use that to search for ‘Rosedale Community Church of God’ or even just searching for ‘Rosedale’ should give you a short list that will include us.
- If you don’t find us in the list you may have to contact your credit union and request to have us added to the listings, we are listed on many of the local branches that we’ve tested.
- If you’ve found us and picked us from the list you will be asked to enter an ‘Account Number’, you will need to get the account number from us, either by filling out a form at the church and having us email you your account number or by using the following link to a form you can fill out to request your account number. We use this number to reference your giving for your donation receipts. The online form is available at this link.
- Wait for your account number before adding the new Online Bill Payee to your account.
- Once you have your number, complete adding the new Online Bill Payee.
- Once the Online Bill Payee is added you should have it visible in the ‘Make Payments’ section of your online banking, from there you can typically make a single payment (on a target date) choosing your Payee, date and amount.
- You can often also configure a ‘scheduled recurring payment’ by choosing your payee, account number, amount, frequency and start date and end date.